Foodies Festival- Syon Park

Approach to Syon House

Music stage
I went to the Foodies Festival on Saturday 23rd May 2015 at Syon Park, London. When we first arrived it was raining but luckily after a few minutes it stopped. There were some master classes and tasting theatres for adults and a Childrens Cookery Theatre. There were loads of places to eat, some had BBQ's cooking tasty chicken and sausages that you could smell long before you got to the stand. Throughout the day live music was playing from a stage. If you wanted to go into the VIP lounge which looked really nice and comfortable, you could pay extra to upgrade your ticket.
Wine and Food paring



  

There were many delicious food stalls selling a wide variety of products. My favourites included Wonky fudge and the Saint Valentine Liquorice Company. I tried some lovely strawberry liquorice at the stall and it was yummy! I decided to buy blueberry and tutti frutti.


Saint Valentine Liquorice Company
I took part in a kid's cookery session. They do parties and they teach children how to cook healthy food. I made party Pinwheels (filled tortillas cut into small sections). The recipe included loads of fresh vegetables, cream cheese and mint but I didn't really like the taste. My Mum and Dad thought that they were nice though.
Kiddy Cook

At 5pm the Chili eating competition got started. A row of competitors/victims were sitting behind a long table lined with glasses of milk facing a cheering crowd, as they were getting ready to eat whole raw chili peppers. Rather them than me!
Chili eating



















Then it was time to go. On the way home I shared some of the tutti fruitti liquorice with my Mum and Dad.


Foodies events are held nationwide throughout the year. For further information http://www.foodiesfestival.com/

penelope

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments:

Post a Comment